Senior agricultural Consultant
- Regional coordinator for the DEFRA/Momenta cross compliance advice service managing delivery of workshops, walks and advice in the South West Region. Organising and running workshops and walks and advising farmers on cross compliance regulations. Demonstrating soil protection measures Working with regional defra offices in planning delivery.
- Advising farmers on Entry level organic entry level and higher level stewardship schemes writing their application forms and suggesting land management changes. SFEDI certified
- Senior farm advisor responsible for the training and mentoring of farm advisors for the Cornwall Rivers Project Phase 11 Creation and advice for 50 farm plans to reduce diffuse pollution and improve farm profit within Cornwall. Intimate with good farming practice and DEFRA schemes. PLANET software trained
- Rivers advisor responsible for delivering integrated farm plans on 110 farms within the Rivers Neet and Strat and Ottery River catchment areas for the Cornwall Rivers Project using best practice and one to one advice. River corridor surveying and extensive knowledge of agricultural regulations.
- FACTS (fertiliser advice) qualified through the BASIS testing scheme.
- Organic farmer farming 83 hectares running 25 cows and followers and 120 sheep
- Media and public lecture tour to New Zealand discussing the effects of Foot and Mouth Disease and future UK/EU agriculture policy involving meetings with senior members of the New Zealand Government including the Agriculture Minister and his shadow ministers, senior members of the Federated Farmers of NZ, Meat exporters, Customs Staff, public meetings, TV, radio and print media interviews
- Royal Agricultural College
- HND Agricultural Science
- Health and Safety Awareness
- First Aid
- River Health and safety